Who is my support team
Our permanent support team are dedicated, experienced, qualified and friendly. We strive to deliver a values and rights based service to support you, with social and daily life in shared group or individual settings.
The team comes with a diverse range of interests, backgrounds, ages, skills and travel experiences. We carefully match the right support team to ensure a stress-free, fun and safe getaway. Rest easy knowing the team have you covered and it’s no problem to meet or talk with your support staff before you go.
NDIS Funded Supports
Social Solutions WA is a NDIS registered provider of the following services:
- Assistance with Personal Activities
- Group / Centre Activities
- Development-Life Skills
- Daily Tasks / shared Living
- Community Participation
- Innovative Community Participation
- Accommodation and Tenancy
- Assist- Travel and Transport
Service prices are determined by the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits published on the NDIS website.
Choosing the Right Support Ratio for You?
Getting the right support for you is what matters most. In our small group activities (max. 8-10) participants request the type and intensity of personal support they require to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Small groups offer the benefit of shared service costs and are the most popular choice for guests with low to moderate support needs seeking social opportunities, a break away from home or the chance to enjoy other interests.
1 Staff to 4 Guests These services are best suited to independent guests who...
1 Staff to 2 Guests - These services are best suited to supported guests who...
1 Staff to 1 Guest - These services are best suited to supported guests who ...
Policy on Training and Qualifications
Minimum requirements for support team members is:
- Certificate III in Individual Services (or equiv)
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- NDIS Worker Screening
- National Police Clearance
- Medication Administration Competency
- Manual Handling Competency
Policy on Complex Care
Trained staff can provide the following services with a pre-service, RN or Therapist support handover required for :
- Dysphasia and Meal Management
- Epilepsy and Midazolam
- Diabetes Management
- Continence Support (Catheter, Bowel, Bladder Stoma)
- Positive Behavioural Support (RP implementing provider)
- Mental Health First Aid and Recovery
Policy on 24 Hour Excursions
24 Hours shifts away from home are subject to “Excursion” award conditions and overtime rates apply.
All support team positions are minimum level 2.1 SCHAD’s Community Workers. The shift is described by a flexible agreement with the following conditions:
- 6am – 10 pm active support hours (16 Hours)
- 10pm – 6am non-active, onsite overnight. (8 Hours Sleepover)